SSL technology and LED lighting: new tools in your toolbox
Wednesday, September 15, 2010 · available on-demand
Solid-State Lighting (SSL) technology, also known as LED lighting (Light Emitting Diodes) is here to stay. This emerging technology offers tremendous promise for reducing energy use in buildings. Attend this webinar and learn the latest strategies to use these tools effectively.
SSL/LED lighting can significantly reduce energy consumption and costs. Technology advancements have increased the versatility and durability of the lamps and improved the fixtures contributing to their expanding applicability. SSL is a vital lighting design tool. As LED lighting becomes more mainstream, it is important for those who specify lighting products and users to understand the technology, its uses and pitfalls.
Not all LEDs are built the same. The SSL label on luminaires is no guarantee that an SSL product will perform well in every application. This program will help viewers understand the technology, analyze manufacturer's claims and accurately specify fixtures and lamps.
The instructor will focus on cost of light criteria including energy costs, power consumption, labor costs, lamp costs, lifetime expectancy and light output. Viewers will be given guidance on questions to ask to ensure they're selecting a quality product, how to evaluate the suitability of an SSL for a given application and how to decipher warranty claims.
As a result of this presentation, you will be able to:
- Evaluate the appropriateness of different luminaire choices based on project design and energy requirements.
- Compare the color and quality of fixtures produced by different manufacturers to SSL luminaire standards.
- Identify important factors in calculating the cost of SSL vs. other lighting technologies including lamp replacement, installation labor, parts, and energy consumption.
- Explain how warranties, commissioning and dimming requirements affect LED fixture choices.
Benefits of attending:
- Gain a good understanding of SSL technology and its application
- Learn how to use SSL/LED effectively
- Get the resources needed to evaluate LED manufacturer's information
Who should view this webinar?
Facility managers, lighting contractors, school facilities officials, healthcare facilities officials, contractors, manufacturers, architects, engineers, building owners, energy managers, dealers and distributors, lighting designers, interior designers and anyone interested in commercial building design.
- Introduction to LED
- Lumen information
- DOE information
- Choosing a quality LED
- LED requirements
- New lighting products
This webinar is $89.
You must register in advance to view this webinar. Upon registering you will receive a confirmation email that will include a link to the presentation.
Can't watch it live? All of our webinars are recorded for convenient on-demand viewing. Everyone that registers will receive access to the archived presentation.