Position yourself as a market leader. The Better Buildings: Better Business Conference provides one central hub where builders, suppliers, manufacturers, contractors and the industry can find out what they need to know to stay current and ahead of trends.
The conference is powered by two strong partners: Seventhwave and the Wisconsin Builders Foundation. Seventhwave brings nationally-recognized expertise in quality construction, energy efficiency and building science for health while the WBF brings Wisconsin's most successful home builders and leading suppliers.
When will registration open?
General registration will open in October.
Who should attend?
Builders, remodelers, architects, building performance consultants, code officials, contractors, designers, educators, government officials, home inspectors, HVAC contractors, realtors, renewable energy contractors, manufacturers, multifamily owners and managers, researchers, students, suppliers, utility representatives, weatherization specialists...and anyone involved in the residential building community.
What credits are available?
Credits are generally offered by the following accrediting agencies:
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI)
- Building Performance Institute (BPI)
- Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI)
- International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET)
- National Association of Home Builders (NAHB)
- National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI)
- North American Technician Excellence (NATE)
- Residential Energy Services Network (RESNET) sponsored by WECC
- Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services (WI-DSPS)
Certified GreenHome Professionals will also receive credits if they attend sessions that offer AIA (HSW), RESNET or BPI credits (and possibly others, as well).
What topics will be covered?
- Air sealing and insulating
- Alternative construction practices
- Basic building science
- Building and remodeling high performance homes
- Building diagnostic procedures
- Building performance consulting and energy auditing
- Building science research and emerging technologies
- Business development strategies
- Deck building
- Energy efficient and healthy multifamily buildings
- Healthy building materials
- High performance heating and cooling systems
- Managing moisture
- Residential lighting systems
- Residential renewable energy systems
- Residential ventilation systems
- Sustainable architecture and compact design
- Wall bracing and strategies
- Water efficiency for homes
- Window and door installation
- Wisconsin uniform dwelling code
What should I wear?
Most participants dress casual or business casual during the conference. Meeting room temperatures may vary so we recommend that you bring a sweater or jacket to ensure comfort.